Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Confessing my love for Pioneer Woman!

So I don't know if any of you have heard of Pioneer Woman, she is basically god's gift to mankind.  Her recipes make me drool and wish that I could go live with her for a week and get fat and happy!!! Take some time and check out her blog, and make one of her recipes, I promise you will not be disappointed.


So the reason I am telling you this is to share with you one of her recipes I tried out this weekend. Its called spicy Dr. Pepper shredded pork, and let me tell you it is spicy!  It definitely packs some heat but it is also de-licious!!!!  I am a big baby when it comes to spicy foods and I can totally handle this so don't let the title scare you away.  I'm going to show you the recipe in pictures, here is the actual recipe.


Side note: you are supposed to make this in a dutch oven, but I don't have one and I am to cheap to go out and spend the $50+ on one so I just used my crock pot.  It turned out perfect!


This is what you will need!




Chop your onion into wedges.


Make sure you have an excellent/adorable sous chef


Place your onion on the bottom of the pot.


Then the pork butt.



Then pour the Dr. Pepper, peppers and sauce and brown sugar on top



After six hours you have yummy, moist, tender BBQ!


1 comment:

  1. When are you going to put up a new post?

    I would love to see more recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin