Friday, August 24, 2012

Gooey butter cake!


So her is another recipe for you guys.  Just like I confessed my love for Pioneer Woman, I equally love Paula  Dean.  She is a southern belle and so am I!  I also adore southern food and sweets and she delivers in both categories.  Now I know she has received some flak since she admitted she has type II diabetes and all her recipes are less than good for you.  All I have to say is that if you didn't know that foods full of saturated fat and sugar could cause you to be at risk for obesity, heart disease and diabetes well then I am sorry.  Moderation is key!! :)  So anyways, I have a huge sweet tooth and so does my husband, we try to only eat sweets on the weekend (key word is try).  Last weekend I made Paula Dean's Gooey Butter Cake, and it was awesome.  Once again I will show you the recipe in pics, here is the actual recipe with all the exact instructions and measurements.




Ingredients for the bottom layer.


Combine the cake mix, butter and egg.





Press into a greased baking dish.


Ingredients for the filling



Beat cream cheese until smooth, then add eggs, vanilla and melted butter. Finally mix in the powdered sugar.



Pour on top of cake layer.


spread evenly.


ready to bake!


Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40-50 minutes.


Dust with powdered sugar


ENJOY!!!!!


1 comment:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin