Sunday, March 17, 2013

A St. Patty's Day life update.



Life has once again been pretty uneventful around here.  I had my wisdom teeth removed about a week ago and I am glad to say it went smoothly and my recovery was relatively easy.  I had been told horror stories about the procedures so I was pretty nervous about the whole thing, but it truly was not bad at all.  I would say the hardest thing was the swelling and stiffness in my jaw, the pain was pretty moderate and nothing Ibuprofen couldn't t handle.  I would like to say that my easy recovery also had a lot to do with my amazing husband who took such great care of me and all of my wonderful friends and family who called/texted to check on me, I am so grateful to have wonderful people in my life.  And because I have no shame and just want to keep it real, here is a pic of me in full chipmunk mode a day after surgery.  Warning: as you can imagine the day after surgery I was lookin a hot mess.

Hello hot mess!

Thanks to Shannon and Robert who sent me these beauties and truly brightened my day!

What do you eat after oral surgery?  Ice Cream of course! And lucky for me the most popular ice cream shop here in town just opened for the spring/summer. 


In other news, we had our biggest snow storm of the year last week.  We got about 6-7 inches and of course Miss. Bella had a blast playing in  the white stuff.  Michael even got the day off, so we were glad to have a snow day with him.
Can we go play yet?

Making yellow snow, sorry I'm nothing if not inappropriate. ;)

diggin

One happy pup!

Catching snow balls.


Action shot.

We love the snow, but we are ready for spring please!

The weekend after our snow storm we got our wish and got our first taste of spring, it was close to 70 degrees and sunny so we decided to head to the park by the river and take a walk.


Bella loves the river.


This week starts March Maddness, eeeeekkkkkk!!! If I haven't mentioned it before I L-O-V-E March Madness.  Michael and I both love filling out our brackets each year and even Bella gets into the action.  Yep you read that right, Bella fills out a bracket too! She has some tactics: dog teams over everything, never any cat teams.  I know we are sooo weird but she actually beat everyone the first year we did it, when Butler went to the final haha.  I can't wait to fill out my bracket and mostly likely watch it get busted but it's all in fun! GO HEELS!

So there you have it, a boring life update.  Two more weeks until Easter weekend and our trip back home to NC!!!! I am so excited!!! Oh yeah and Happy St. Patty's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin