Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Just call me Lindsey Vonn....

As I had mentioned in my last post, Michael's valentines gift to me was my very first ski trip! So that's what we did this past Saturday, we packed up bright and early, dropped Bella off at the doggie hotel and headed up to the mountains.  We got to the ski resort around 10:15, got our passes, got changed into ski clothes and picked up our skis and what not.  By the time we were all suited up and ready it was time for our two hour lesson, Michael had skied before but he knew I wouldn't want to take a lesson by myself so being the awesome hubs that he is, he humbled himself and joined me on the bunny hill.  The first hour of the lesson was very basic, how to put  your skis on, walk in them, how to slide with a wedge and how to turn.  We practiced a few times down the bunny hill and once we got the hang of it we moved up to the bigger hill, the one that would require riding on the chair lift.  I was pretty nervous about the chair lift , so many people have told me how difficult it was, but it was not bad at all and I caught on the first time.  Once we were at the top of the hill our second hour of our lesson was focused more on how to turn and use turning to control your speed.  Once our lesson was over we were on our own!  I was pretty impressed with how quickly skiing came to me and I am proud to say that over eight hours of skiing I did not fall once, the only one to take a tumble was Michael :).  Overall it was such a blast, I absolutely loved it and loved spending some quality time with my man doing something new and fun!  Here are some pics from our day:

Heading to the Mountains!

Getting our equipment.

Hubs rockin the bunny slope!

The second slope we skied on, from the chair lift.

Chair lift pic.

Lookin cool as ever.


I'm off!

After 8 hours of skiing, Five Guys was much needed and deserved!

Thanks babe for such a fantastic Valentines gift, I can't wait to go again. We are currently getting quite the snow storm up here in VA.  We have already gotten about 6 inches of snow and more is on the way, if only I had a pair of skis ;).  Oh yeah and tomorrow is the big day, I'm having my wisdom teeth removed :(.  If you think about it say a little prayer for me, I'm sure everything will be fine, just praying for a speedy recovery and no complications. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin