Wednesday, February 12, 2014

20/21 Weeks!

And once again I am starting off this post with an apology, I fell off the blogging bandwagon so there will be no 20 week update but I will include some of the highlights from that week in this post.  First things first, we found out......

That's right, our sweet June Bug is a little boy!  We had our ultrasound at 20 weeks and most importantly he is healthy and growing, the ultrasound lasted almost a whole hour because not only is he healthy he is also extremely active so the ultrasound tech was having a hard time getting all the measurements.  At the end of the scan she told us that he was one of the most active babies she has ever seen, I think we might be in for it with this little one haha!  We are so incredibly grateful for a healthy baby and are beyond thrilled that he is a little boy!


Our sweet little boy!

The weekend after our ultrasound we headed home to NC so we could share the news with our family.  We had a small get together with our immediate family, had yummy food and revealed the news.


Here is a belly pic, well kind of.  My parents and I, I was 20.5 weeks in this pic.

Now onto 21 weeks:


How far along: 21 weeks

Size of baby: He is the size of a pomegranate 

Maternity clothes: Yes, and on the whole maternity jeans issue: while in Charlotte I was successful in finding jeans that I love!  I bought a pair of gap jeans and my mom and  my cousin/bff/sister Jordan bought me a pair of Joe's jeans which are seriously maternity jean heaven.  Can I just say that those two ladies are some of the most generous people in this whole wide world and I am so lucky that I get to call them family.  Just had to add that!  

Movement: Oh yeah, like I mentioned before about our ultrasound he is quite the mover and a pretty powerful one.  We have been jokingly calling him "hulk baby",  my favorite part of the day is bedtime, I get in bed and spend a few minutes feeling his nightly dance party.  I think this has been my favorite part of pregnancy!

Sleep: It's been great, other than the 2-3 potty trips in the middle of the night.

What I miss: nothing.

Cravings: none.

Symptoms: I didn't really have any symptoms during week 21, I felt great.

Favorite moment of the week:  Well for week 20, it was finding out we are having a son and sharing the news with our family.  Week 21 we set up our registry and it was so much fun picking out items for our little boy!  

That's it for 20/21 weeks, now to do my 22 week update considering I'm already a day into my 22nd week.  Stay tuned for 22 weeks in the next few days.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin