Friday, November 2, 2012

AMAZING Chocolate Peanut butter pie!

Today I am going to share with you one of my all time favorite dessert recipes.  If you know me you know I love chocolate and peanut butter especially when they are together.  I got this recipe from a Hershey's cook book I got on clearance at Barnes and Nobles years ago. You can find the original recipe here.

Chocolate Marbled Peanut Butter Pie

I don't  have a pic so I stole this pic from google.



What you need:

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3oz Cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
8oz cool whip, thawed
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1 extra serving-size packaged graham cracker pie crust

Directions:

Beat peanut butter  cream cheese and vanilla in medium bowl on medium speed until smooth.  Gradually add powdered sugar and milk, beating until smooth.  Fold in cool whip.

Place one cup of the peanut butter mixture in a separate bowl. Spread remaining mixture into crust.

Melt chocolate chips in microwave or double boiler until smooth. Stir chocolate into reserved peanut butter mixture, blending thoroughly  drop by tablespoons onto top of pie. Using knife or spatula, gently swirl making marbled effect.

Cover, freeze 3-4 hours or until firm.

Seriously y'all this pie is amazing, it is definitely rich but that's the only way I make desserts around here.  Hope y'all give it a try!

Happy Friday!  Up next: our Halloween festivities!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin