Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Birthday weekend!

This past weekend we celebrated Michael's 29th birthday!  Friday was his actual birthday but we had a commitment with church so I decorated the apartment , made quesadillas and had a little mini fiesta, we decided we would really celebrate on Saturday   We decided we wanted to drive about 45 mins away to Richmond to check out this mall everyone had been talking about.  You see here in Fredericksburg the mall is lacking to say the least and definitely not what we are used to so we were looking forward to seeing what this mall had to offer.  The mall you ask, for a birthday celebration?  That's right!  One little fact about Michael and I is that we are mall people,  one of our favorite date nights is to go to the mall eat junk food at the food court and just walk around, we don't really have to actually buy anything we just like walking around looking in stores and spending time together.  Another fact is my husband has been working on stepping it up in the fashion department and I must say he is looking mighty fine lately so my gift to him was a little shopping spree to get some new things for spring.

Bella was ready to party!

Exploring the mall.

Mall junk food!


Trying on blazers.

We had McAlisters for lunch, one of our favorites and Fredericksburg doesnt' have one, so we had to stop and eat here.


Our last and final stop was to the Whole Foods, this was probably what I was most excited about haha.  Over the past year or so Michael and I have been really focusing on what we are putting in our bodies and unfortunately almost all food in America is just plain crap.  So when we lived in NC we loved shopping at Whole Foods and having access to clean, organic foods.  However, yes you guessed it Fredericksburg doesn't have one.  This Whole Foods was awesome and  so much bigger than the one we went to in NC.


Later that evening we had reservations at a restaurant in downtown Fredericksburg.  Dinner was delicious and the beer selection was unbelievable!

Hubs rockin his new blazer.

18 page beer menu! What! What!

Cheese dip, with fresh pretzels for an appetizer.

I had the smoke house burger.

Michael's beer in a girly glass haha.  I insisted he drink with his pinky finger up, he didn't agree.

Brownie sundae for dessert.

A poor quality pic with the Birthday boy.

Sunday we went to church and spent the rest of the day walking along the river and enjoying spring's arrival!


Happy Birthday babe, I had so much fun celebrating you this weekend, I love you!


10 comments:

  1. Girl are we the same person?

    It is crazy! Where did you move? Did you have to change your license and all that mess?
    It's funny, I know a lot of nurses who have married brainy scientists. Good taste?

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Can't wait to read more of yours!
    And Happy birthday to the hubs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just think we might be the same person, so much in common! We moved from North Carolina to Virginia(just outside of DC) back in January its not quite as drastic of a move that y'all made but it definitely has not been easy. I'm totally with you on missing home like crazy, I'm really close with my family so its hard being away from them. I'm embarrassed to say that I have yet to change my license haha I think I'm holding on to my last little bit of NC!

      Delete
    2. Haha oh I love it! I'm currently doing that with my license plates and would have definitely kept my driver's license if I didn't need a new one for my job. AND they took my Texas one from me...I was so upset and the guy just laughed at me. But you understand!

      Any move is a big move and a huge lifestyle change. It was going from so many sweet friends, to only my hubby as my companion. Yes, he really is all I need, but gal time is so important to me. And having never lived together it's been an adjustment for my husband and I. Fun, but an adjustment!

      What have you found to be your hardest adjustment so far?

      Delete
    3. I would say just how different it is up here, even though it is only one state north it is just not the South to me. I am a huge southern girl, life up here is just a little faster and people aren't as friendly. This sounds funny but one of the hugest adjustments has been the grocery stores up here, they kind of suck haha! But we are making the best of it and slowly but surely it will grow on us I'm sure!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great birthday weekend! I love walking around the mall, but my husband does not! Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! I'm not sure my husband was to excited about me sharing with the world that he likes malls haha! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I love this! You guys had a lot of fun :) Eating out is usually my favorite part of celebrating, especially now that I'm pregnant. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    Also, I don't have a dog, never have. But I think boxers are awesome. They look kind of ridiculous and angry, but I think they're sooo cute at the same time. And with that hat? Priceless.

    And your hubby looked great in the blazer :) Mine has a very loooong torso, so blazers look really weird. We'd have to get an expensive one or get one tailored, and he just doesn't have the occasion to wear one very often to justify the expense. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eating out is probably one of my favorite things to do as well. As for Boxers well they are the best, so much fun and have so much personality! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Your dog is so cute with the party hat on!! Looks like you had a great celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Molly! I was looking through your blog and realized your Shannon's friend Molly haha! Such a small world! Your little one is to cute, Shannon was so excited to be there to watch her be born and told me it was amazing! I'm a huge advocate for natural child birth and was so glad to hear you had such an awesome experience!

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin