Monday, February 4, 2013

Painting party!

The weekend before last we headed back to Raleigh to reunite with our small group pals and help our friends Ellen and Sawyer paint their house they just bought!!!!  Both Michael and I were beyond excited to get back to NC and see our dear friends who we were missing a ton.  We also were so thrilled for Ellen and Sawyer on the purchase of their first home.  We dropped Bella off at the doggy hotel for the night and hit the road for NC.

I was beyond giddy to see this sign!

We arrived at the new house around 12:30 and greeted our long lost friends with hugs and excitement!  Then we got down to work, I stuck with cleaning and moral support because my painting skills are more than sub par.  However my hubby kicked some serious painting butt, I'm thinking he is going to be super handy when the time comes for us to paint our future home!  We spent the day painting but most of all we spent the day having a blast!  We made it a painting party complete with food, beer, wine and tons and tons of laughs!  It was so nice to catch up with our dear friends and share in the excitement of their new home!  



The girls hard at work.

My hubby the painter man!

April was pretty much the expert!





Beer break, yay for NC craft beers. Can you tell I am super nostalgic about anything NC now that we have moved?

Here are a few pics proving that I didn't just drink beer the entire time ;)



Looking pretty good!



We finished up around 11pm and headed back to April and Will's to crash.  We were all pretty wiped out from the day so we chatted for a little while and then called it a night.  The next morning I was eager to get downstairs and visit with our friends and spend some quality time with my little man Malachi! We had some fun playtime and then April and Will made us a delicious breakfast complete with eggs, pumpkin pancakes and bacon!
I'm going to get you Uncle Michael!

Such a silly boy!

Uncle Michael you make a perfect jungle gym.

How hysterical is this kid?

Hahaha!

Uncle Michael serving up some pumpkin pancakes.

Thank you so much April and Will for allowing us to stay with you guys and feeding us such a yummy meal.  
Ellen and Sawyer congrats on your house, we love it and cannot wait to come back for visits!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin