Friday, February 8, 2013

Super Bowl 2013

Like I have mentioned before, Michael and I are huge football fans so the Super Bowl is one of our favorite days of the year, and we were both thrilled that this Super Bowl didn't involve the Patriots, Giants or Steelers yay for some variety!  This year we stayed in and had a Super Bowl party for two, let's be honest here this was not all our choice we just don't have any friends in VA yet, I know losers haha!  We still had a great time and of course it's not the Super Bowl if you don't make some delicious unhealthy junk food so that's what we did, and where do you go to find awesome recipes? Why Pinterest of course  So I thought I would share with you our Super Bowl menu!

We started off with my famous bean dip and by far the easiest thing in the world to make, I have literally been making it for every Super Bowl since I was 12.  I posted the recipe a while back check it out here.

Sorry I couldn't get a pic of it without some missing, someone was a little eager to dig in!

And there he is Mr. Eager himself!  This is one of Michael's favorite things I make!

Next up on the menu are these pizza rolls I found here on Pinterest.  These suckers were AMAZING!!!! So so so good!  They were also easy, can you see my theme this year, minimal effort in the kitchen.


And last but not least dessert and this one was another Pinterest find, check it out here.  These turned out great as well, next time I think I might drizzle some melted chocolate on top of the cracker oh heck what am I talking about? I'm going to coat them in melted chocolate, I mean can you really ever have to much chocolate?


Place rolos on a cracker, place in a 350 degree oven for 3-5 mins.  Just long enough for the rolos to get soft and melty.

Then press another cracker on top, allow them to cool.  I placed them in the fridge for about 30 minutes and they were ready to go!

Enjoy!

That sums up our menu for Super Bowl 2013, it was nice and relaxing and low key which suits us pretty well. As far as the outcome of the game well I guess I would have to say I was pulling for the 49ers, when I was little before the Panthers came to NC in 1995 I was a 49ers fan and loved Jerry Rice.  However I love the movie the Blind Side, so to see Michael Oher win a Super Bowl wasn't disappointing.  Finally let's talk about the true highlight of the night this commercial:



I seriously cried for close to five minutes, oh my goodness this melted my heart.

Well that's it friends, no more football till August.  This really does depress me some but one thing that cheers me up is knowing that March Madness is just around the corner! Go Heels! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin